Positive feedback and a little promotion for Niotron!

At this point I would like to say something positive about Niotron. And this was / is also the reason why I switched from AI2 or Kodular to Niotron - at least initially with one of my apps.

Here are just a few aspects / points:

1. You can customize the border color of the Checkboxes. This is absolutely necessary, depending on which Theme you choose and which background colors. AI2 does not have this option.

2. The Checkboxes are round and not square, which I personally like much better.

3. The Notifier is more customizable.

4. The Spinners look more modern and better.

… further points will follow … and can of course also be added by others.

9 Likes

You forgot to add 0% ads commission :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is a main reason why I moved from Kodular to Nitoron :slight_smile:

i too wants to move from kodular to niotron, but i don’t know why i feel like if i switch then my app will start crashing and i will face some problems while building app on niotron website, although I’ve used niotron a lot but still I am not getting any confidence to start using it. Help me :tired_face:

I wanted to move to Niotron since a long ago. I want to move my apps from other AI2 distributions. But creating those apps from scratch is a real hard work. Do Niotron have any tool that could help me migrate?

No, I hadn’t forgotten that, because I didn’t even know.
And I don’t care either because I’ve never used ads in my apps and never will.

5 Likes

Currently not possible.

1 Like

What is not possibel?

2 Likes

I migrated a large project with 8 screens and almost 10000 blocks from AI2 to Niotron without any problems. The necessary small (layout) adjustments were done quickly.

But migrating a (rather complex) project from Kodular to AI2 or Niotron is nearly impossible.

3 Likes

@Anke I am sorry, I didn’t noticed that @AsimJib using AI2 :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m gonna try it soon.

I have been using Admob for last 7 years, but I’ve withdrawn ads from all my apps last year. And now I’ve to serve at least a few ads to help my Admob account survive.

To be very honest, that’s the main reason to choose Niotron at this time. :smiley:

We used Kodular for year and a half, but moved to Niotron because of many issues. Now we are preparing to move away from Niotron, due to many issues. It’s just these Drag & Drop Builders cannot handle popular apps with 300 000+ Downloads and thousands of active users :smile: No hard feelings…

Next step is Flutter or Android Studio. If your app is growing rapidly, don’t make our mistake. Move away as soon as possible. I am talking with much experience

:question:

Means … ?

I don’t think so! Instead, we should learn more about the mainstream developemnt. For an example, you don’t know how to scale up, handle the backend and all… then it’s obvious that you’ll run into trouble one day.

… me2

In fact we know everything and I am talking with years experience, I just didn’t wanted to believe it sooner, but unfortunately it’s the truth. You know if your app has thousands of active users.
I guess this also depends on the type of app you have

Drag & Drop builders are good for a start, that’s it.

1 Like

Which truth?

Such unspecific and completely unclear statements only confuse and actually help nobody.
On the contrary!

1 Like

Niotron, Kodular, Android studio not doing anything. App run on your code so I think you need to update yourself.

Niotron team working on it.

Unfortunately all of the AppInventor distros have disadvantages, for large apps there is huge competition on the app store (personally seen it), the features, like today a lot of features are not possible to be implemented (customization and through extensions) due to lack of things like XML, resources and much more.

Eventually by time, Ai2 and distros should get better.