[URGENT] - Is QUERY All Packages permission used in any of those extensions?

Title says it all,

We got message from Google to remove all QUERY ALL PACKAGES permissions from the app. We removed the Niotron component for Packageutils, but also wonder if any of those extensions have embed that permission too.

@MakeMoneyOnline can you share the apk

Have you used package utils component?

It uses the android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission

Yes we are currently using package utils in one of our screens, which will be removed. I wonder if any other component uses the same permission, such as Device Info or some extension ?

No, I decompiled your apk (sorry for that). You said it’s urgent. That’s why I have done that and no extension uses the android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission

Thanks, no worry about the decompile. Also to confirm Device Info component is also not using that permission, right ?

Yes, only package utils do that. See the following image.

Thanks, will proceed with removing the package utils component.

Seems like Google is taking even more drastic approaches with apps using android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES

I removed the apk-containing post from @MakeMoneyOnline so that nobody could download it from there.

VPN.aix (5.2 KB) - EDIT: aix removed.

How about this VPN extension. Can you check if it’s using android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES
I think it shouldn’t use it

1 Like

:exclamation: Do not post an extension directly that you didn’t create yourself. Post a link to it.

I removed it.

1 Like

Here is link to the extension

I don’t think this permission is needed/requested.

But check it yourself:

• Create a new project
  • add this extension
  • build the APK
  • decompile it and
  • check the Manifest.
1 Like

@MakeMoneyOnline Do the thing said by @Anke

because decompiling is illegal. I decompiled your apk as you gave it to me to check it and the extension doesn’t belong to you or me, so I can’t do it.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.