Sidebar component → Material icons & Colors of the Slider

I have a problem with a Sidebar extension that I’ve been using for many years (on all AI2 distros). Unfortunately, there is a unrecoverable problem with Niotron. So I wanted to try the Sidebar component.

However, I don’t see a way to use Material icons for the Sidebar elements there.
Does anyone have an approach/solution (aia, blocks) to this?

grafik

It should of course look like this:

grafik

The problem with the sidebar extension has been resolved. It was caused by the navbar being hidden. However, the question of the material icons for the Sidebar component remains.

You can use the material icons using a custom drawer layout.

As of now, we don’t support material fonts as menu item. We’re taking it into consideration to add support for it

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info.

On this occasion:
I use 3 sliders to adjust volume of music & sounds. Unfortunately there is no way to customize the color of the dot / small circle (thumb).

Here are 3 screenshots:

1. Left: Pixel 4XL - Android 12
  2. Galaxy Note8 - Android 9 and
  3. Right: Galaxy Note3 - Android 5.0

Is there an explanation and solution for this?

I could live with the blue color, but brown wouldn’t suit my layout.

Btw, my screenshots are from the APKs.
With Companion the dot / small circle is not cut off on the Pixel 4XL (Android 12, API 32).

grafik

… and another screenshot from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Android 9):

grafik

Now the color is green. :upside_down_face:

Pixel 2XL (Android 11):

grafik

Huawei MI 9 (Android 10):

grafik

I’ve now set it (also) with blocks and it works now also on the Pixel 4XL.

grafik

1 Like

You can change the color in the → device settings → Wallpaper & style → Basic colors at least on a Pixel 4XL. (But you have only 4 colors there.)

Screenshot

In principle, it should therefore be possible to define the color selection via the Slider component.
Hardly any user would look for a way to do this in the device settings.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, I will have a look at it. I will add a block to customize it possibly in the next update.

Great! :+1:

Btw, I solved it now with Ken’s SliderTools extension.

1 Like