Screen Orientation Quick Flip

Ok, this is the same as I see on my test devices.

I hide everything (Title, NavBar, content etc.) at Screen.Initialize and use a timer that only shows everything after the (unavoidable) initial rotating from landscape to portrait.

The initial rotation at Screen.Initialize cannot be prevented. This applies to all AI2 distros and has always been the case.

1 Like

Btw, your last video looks completely different than the previous one.
For what reason?

If so, this is recent, because all my previous apps donā€™t act like that. :confused:

I believe itā€™s because of the procedure for making screen responsive, because when the screen rotation is triggered the procedure gets the screen ā€œlandscape widthā€ and messes everything up. :thinking:

Then post one of these (APKs).

Which procedure? What does it have to do with my APK?

Iā€™ve posted two videos in the first post of this topic ā€œbeforeā€ and ā€œafterā€ the update.

Cartas para Deus.apk (7,5,MB)
This is my app before the update.

I thought you were talking about my appā€™s messy video, but about your test APK I believe itā€™s because I made a screen record instead of recording with another device. If itā€™s not that, Iā€™m really sorry but I donā€™t know why itā€™s different.

As has been shown, there is no reason to rely on video anymore. :wink:
Iā€™ll check your APK kater, when there is time ā€¦

1 Like

As expected, I get the same results with this APK on my Pixel 4XL (Android 12), if I open the app in Landscape mode.

It rotates twice at Screen.Initialize.

1 Like

Btw, this problem has been discussed (again and again) in all AI2 forums for years.

Well, thatā€™s totally new and strange at the same time for me, because the behavior doesnā€™t happen for me in apps generated before the update.

Maybe, but your APK was built before the targetSdK 31 udate:

1 Like

Yes, before 2.7.0 patch.

I understand then. So, I believe Iā€™ll have to use the workarounds to prevent that.

I just thought, maybe, one of the distros would find the reason and fix it somehow.

1 Like

Ok, we should leave it at that.

The problem is almost as old as AI2 (or even AI1 ā†’ App Inventor Classic :wink:).

1 Like

https://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/classic.html

I changed the category from ā€œBugā€ to ā€œFeature Requestā€.

1 Like

No itā€™s not, I also thought this only affected MIT AI2 and Kodular, but no no Niotron has the same problemā€¦

Also controlling the screens through Manifest doesnā€™t work either.

4 Likes

Yes, as I said:

Nopp, now you try to implay something that isnā€™t true and never been for me.

1 Like

Ok then enlighten me and prove me wrong.

1 Like