My Journey with AdMob, Failures & Learnings

Hey coders, hope you’re doing well. Today I’m going to share my journey, failures & the lessons I’ve learned from those failures. So, before getting into the story, let me clarify why I’m writing this.

I’ve seen many developers from different platforms, who have been going through the same conditions that I’ve already been suffered since last 3 years. So, here I’m sharing the knowledge I have been able to collect in last ~3 years.

I’m using AdMob from last ~7 years. In this 7 years of Journey, I’ve seen many devs getting several issues such as Invalid Activities, Limited Ad Serving, Disabled Account and many more…! Thankfully, I’ve never get any of these issues in my whole 7 years of Journey with AdMob. Rather, I got an issue that seems way much harder to solve (at least for me) in first quarter of 2019. Today I’m going to talk how I get into the trouble and how did I solved it!

What was the issue?
You may know that AdMob has an Ads Account connected to it! If you don’t spend any amount in Promotion, AdMob disables the account every 18 months. To overcome this, I’ve deleted my Google Ads account in Feb 2019 without any knowledge about the link between AdMob & Google Ads. And therefore, AdMob permanently kicked me out disabling the access to AdMob.

How did I get back access to my Account again?
After that, I have been connected with AdMob for long 3 years (2019 - 2022). After several failed attempts to solve my issue, they gave up in mid 2021. At this point, I’ve lost my last hope to get my account back again and tried to open another AdMob account in Jan, 2022. But I couldn’t. Because Admob has a rule that says one can have a single AdMob account in lifetime.

Then, in April 2022, they finally provide me access to my AdMob, without an Ad Account. That’s how I get the AdMob back.

It was quite a hard time for me. Finally I just wsnt to say, take care of your accounts guys. Also, never delete your Ads account which is connected to your AdMob account.

Have a nice time. :slightly_smiling_face:

@I_Am_The_Bong this is not a way of replying

I have also warned him once, it’s the last time @I_Am_The_Bong, please don’t reply in this way, else we have to take action

Thank you

@AsimJib thanks for sharing your experience!