How do you request and grant MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE?

How do you request and grant → MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE on devices with Android 11+? I am aware that this permission is usually not granted by Google, but - let’s assume - the app is only intended for private use or for special users.
permissions5.aia (7.3 KB)
permissions5.apk (4.6 MB)

I also declared this permission in the Manifest:

Manifest

If you request WRITE permission on Android 11, this permission will NOT be granted because it no longer exists on Android 11+. (This is currently a bug in AI2 and Niotron). Instead of WRITE, however, READ permission is granted (on Android 11+).
@Krish@tanishraj@Souvik

I got it done (Android 11).

EDIT: Here is another simple example:

2 Likes

It works the same way on Niotron, try this on your Android 11+ device:
manageExtStorage_Niotron.apk (4.6 MB)

Actually I don’t have any android 11+ device. :pensive:

I want this please

:pleading_face:

I have and i will test it

@Anke This is super awesome
It works on my POCO X3 Pro
Android 11

1 Like

I think manage_external_storage permission against Google policy, we can’t update app by using this permission directly…

Be aware that this permission is usually not granted by Google. However, let’s assume the app is only intended for private use or for special users or for other app stores.

See here:

1 Like

@Anke can you please share the aia of app you have shown in video please :pleading_face:

No need to share the aia @Anke I got it from the android developer website :grin:

:question: :upside_down_face:

I am taking help from here

What did you find there that you couldn’t find in my blocks (→ here)?

1 Like

!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: sorry didn’t go through that

@Anke Thanks For all This :blush::blush: I am really Very great Full to you now my problem is solved :+1: