Does Twitter component still work?

Hi there, friends.
It doesn’t suit me ask before making questions, but this is a special case since it is not as easy to test this component as most of the components and extensions.

If someone has already tried Twitter API with Niotron in the last few months and could confirm if it is still possible or not to use it after all the changes made after Elon Musk acquired it I will be really thankfull.

If you did a search in the AppInventor forum, you would have realized that this is not possible. The component was deprecated years ago because the libraries it used no longer work.

If I searched in App Inventor I could never confirm if it works in Niotron or not. If it works there it will probably work here in Niotron, but if it doesn’t work there it might very well work in Niotron since the idea of Niotron is exactly to improve App Inventor.

As far as I remember, Niotron didn’t even exist yet when Twitter component stopped working in App Inventor.

It depends, but I think the chance is unlikely. If this was a bug that the MIT could fix, they would’ve fixed it instantly. Now that it’s been five years, I think the possibility is not very significant. AppInventor also improves itself.

But who said it was a bug? The years pass, the API of any service can change. Facebook for example changes its API a lots of time every year. Twitter made some changes in its API and Twitter component was not updated to work with it. It could easily have been solved if the component was updated by MIT team. It didn’t happen only because MIT didn’t prioritize this component.

Yes, AppInventor improves itself but it is far away of taking good care of everything. Niotron for example made tons of bug corrections and improvements / updates of API not made by App Inventor or Kodular. That’s why it is my favorite builder and why I would like to create this new app with Niotron, by the way.

I agree. That’s why I asked about Twitter component here and not in App Inventor forum.