Application Info extension : Get category & information of any app

Application Info extension

Blocks

GetSourceDirFromPackageName: This block will return the Source directory path of given package name

GetNativeLibraryFromPackageName: This block will return the Native library directory path of given package name

GetDataDirFromPackageName: This block will return the Data directory path of given package name

GetDeviceProtectedDataDirFromPackageName: This block will return the Device Protected Data directory of given package name

GetActivitiesFromPackageName: This block will return the app Activities of given package name

GetSharedLibraryFilesFromPackageName: This block will return the Shared Library directory of given package name

GetInstalledApplications: This block will return the all installed app

GetClassNameFromPackageName: This block will return the Main Activity of given package

GetVersionNameFromPackageName: This block will return the Version name of given package

RetrievePermissionFromPackageName: This block will return the All Permission of given package

GetCategoryFromPackageName: This block will return the Category in number of given package
How can i know the category of app?

GetCategoryFromPackageName: This block will return the all apps of given Category and you can give category in number or use green block

How can i know the category of app?

Read here CATEGORY of android apps
For example if CATEGORY value is 0 then app is CATEGORY_GAME

CATEGORY_SOCIAL: Value is 4

CATEGORY_NEWS: Value is 5

CATEGORY_UNDEFINED: Value is -1

CATEGORY_ACCESSIBILITY: Value is 8

CATEGORY_IMAGE: Value is 3

CATEGORY_GAME: Value is 0

CATEGORY_MAPS: Value is 6

CATEGORY_AUDIO: Value is 1

CATEGORY_VIDEO: Value is 2

OnError: This will trigger if any error occur

OnApplicationInfo: This block will give AppCategory of given package name

Download
com.shreya.ApplicationInfo.aix (20.4 KB)

6 Likes

@Shreya
Please Update your blocks image with niotron blocks as to make the user trust that extension works on niotron Builder

2 Likes

Great Extension @Shreya

1 Like

Hello shreya! I want to know that this extension of yours use ALL_PACKAGE_PERMISSION?

Because i have an app where i check specific app is install or not by package name and for that i was using package utility component but due to policy changes play store ask the reason to use ALL_PACKAGE_PERMISSION and i submitted the reason but unfortunently play store did not accept my declaration to use this permission.

That,s why i want to know this extension use that permission? Or also tell me is this possible to check any app is installed or not without ALL_PACKAGE_PERMISSION?

See my answer here

Taifun

2 Likes

why are you so aggressive?
it looks like you are not interested in solution suggestions anymore from my side…
good luck with your project

Taifun

I need solution! But solution need to be relevent. Iam asking How to check app is installed or not without adding QUERY_ALL_PACKAGE_PERMISSION to our android app.

You are giving me the solution to launch a app from activity starter.

Sorry if you feel but my intention is not to hurt you. You are very respectable person of this community. I use your extension in our app. But iam finding my solution every where but not getting any solution. that,s why iam little bit frastuated! Bacuase i spend lot,s of efforts to make a app but now play store remove my app on 31 october which is last date.

I promote CPA deals in my app where users need to install the app! When user install the app then we verify by check package is installed block from package utility component.

But now there is no way.

He also guided about the same :smiling_face_with_tear:, he asked to use resolveactivity block, if false it means the app is not installed

1 Like